Walking You Through The Social Security Process
Applying for Social Security benefits can seem intimidating. The amount of paperwork involved — not to mention the complicated eligibility requirements — is often overwhelming.
Fortunately, you don’t have to struggle through it on your own. Turn instead to the disability law firm of Burgess & Christensen in Marietta, Georgia. We have helped thousands of people successfully obtain benefits through the Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs.
One of our greatest strengths is our perseverance. We won’t abandon you when the going gets rough.
Instead, we will stand by you from start to finish, working hard to win the benefits you deserve.
You can count on our firm for personal, one-on-one guidance through all steps of the Social Security process, including:
- Applying for benefits: Submitting your initial application for Social Security benefits is a critical first step. Let us help you start the process on the right foot. We can help you present a strong case from the outset and avoid the common mistakes people make when they try to represent themselves.
- If your case is one of the 73% of all cases that are denied initially in Georgia, we will help you with the reconsideration phase of your application.
- Administrative hearings: If your reconsideration appeal is unsuccessful, the next step may involve a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) at the Social Security Administration, the federal agency responsible for making decisions about benefits. Some of the judges will ask you questions in a way that will give them a basis for denying your claim. Our lawyers have extensive experience handling these hearings. Don’t make the mistake of attempting to navigate this important step on your own.
- Denied claims: Don’t get discouraged if your claim was denied. You might still have options to challenge the denial and fight for a better result. Our firm can walk you through those options and advance your rights each step of the way.
- Appeals: Many disability law firms do not handle appeals beyond the ALJ hearing stage. Our firm is among the few that will take your case to the highest level of appeal, if needed. We have extensive experience arguing before the Social Security Appeals Council as well as federal courts.
Call Us for a Free Case Evaluation
Whether your claim was already denied or you have not yet applied, we can help make the process smoother, easier and less stressful. Call our disability attorneys at 770-422-8111 to get started with a free case evaluation.